Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ac Installation Question

odies dad

I have a new older model(1980's) Magic Chef AC unit that I am trying to install.

The instalation manual that came with it was a waste of paper.

I need to know what wires get hooked to what terminal on the transformer at the air handler. It is a 220v unit. I have the compressor hooked up (I think) but I need to know what the 4 wires (red, black, yellow and brown from the fan motor) hook to on the transformer that connects to the thermostat and the power from the fuse panel.

I think two of the four wires are for two different speeds. I don't neccessarily need that.

There is an empty spot in the plenum for an electric heat coil but at this time I'm not planning to use it.

I have a new older model(1980's) Magic Chef AC unit that I am trying to install.

The instalation manual that came with it was a waste of paper.

I need to know what wires get hooked to what terminal on the transformer at the air handler. It is a 220v unit. I have the compressor hooked up (I think) but I need to know what the 4 wires (red, black, yellow and brown from the fan motor) hook to on the transformer that connects to the thermostat and the power from the fuse panel.

I think two of the four wires are for two different speeds. I don't neccessarily need that.

There is an empty spot in the plenum for an electric heat coil but at this time I'm not planning to use it.

Common and the yellow or blue wire. Depends on the brand of wire, but it's the y terminal on the furnace. The common doesn't normally go to the t-stat, but there's a terminal on the furnace.

-Don

Thanks for the help.

I had the furnace guy come out and hook it up. Didn't look like many of the terminals on the transformer were used. I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

My Dad got 3 of these AC units cheap several years ago. They were all new models from the early 80's. My inlaws installed one at their house and it works fine.

We just installed the ductwork for ours when we put the new additions on. Our heating system uses hot water baseboards so we had to run ductwork all over the place.

I was gone for the last few days but the wife said it works good now.