Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bird Flu

roscoedoh

So far, so good. It's just a relatively mild form of the flu. But like the human flu types, it can mutate into a different type next year. That's the way human flu (and thus the different strains each season) work.

If worse comes to worse, eat beef!

fritz

"Mad cow or bird flu?"

Hell, even Japan has started to accept our beef again (and you know how picky those Japanese are in the supermarket). Hell, they can afford to be picky, because they enjoy a better life style than us.

But over here, the only mad cow I have seen is one that kicked me in the groin while trying to load her. The other cows are more like the cows in the Blue Bell icecream commercial (but they don't wear little bells).

No, no mad cow disease here. And the bird flu thing is probably being overplayed. But that's what makes news, is it not?

fritz

Jason thanks for your concern,I do appreciate it.I have been around the poultry business all my life and started reading about this type thing in poultry mags. about the mid 70s.Then in the late 70's the big companies started pushing for everyone to build buildings and get the birds off of the ranges and into confinment buildings to avoid this very thing(and other problems).Not to say it doesn't bear watching but I've kind of give out on worrying about it after all theses years and dollars.It kind of boggles my mind that the main stream media is so far behind,but they sure have got folks stirred up about it.Hope this plays out like sars,west nile,monkey pox..... Jim

Jim you were actually the first thing I thought of when I ran across this article.

I love beef, but do I enjoy good turkey too!

"Mad cow or bird flu?"

Hell, even Japan has started to accept our beef again (and you know how picky those Japanese are in the supermarket). Hell, they can afford to be picky, because they enjoy a better life style than us.

But over here, the only mad cow I have seen is one that kicked me in the groin while trying to load her. The other cows are more like the cows in the Blue Bell icecream commercial (but they don't wear little bells).

No, no mad cow disease here. And the bird flu thing is probably being overplayed. But that's what makes news, is it not?

fritz

It's always overplayed. If not who would watch the news. It's the same as the tb problem in our deer herd here in MI. The areas affected are smaller than they make them out to be. And the cwd is next. They already banned the import and export of farm deer. A friend of mine has an elk farm up north and now doesn't have any customers to sell them to.

-Don