Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Z It Has Been 10 Days

AzRednek

Sorry,

The card was full. Imanaged one pic before the sun went down and it's not too good. More soon, I promise. You can see though that there was quite an upgrade to the wood.

IPB Image

Here's more or less what it would have looked like without the wood upgrade:

IPB Image

Looks very nice!

Is that a stock mounted sling swivel and a barrel band I see, or is it a trick of the light?

It's a trick and bad photograohy. That's really a front hold down screw in a steel inlay.

I'll try to get some better pics soon. The card on my backup camera was full and we broke our primary camera earlier this week. Bummer.

Don, the bottom metal is really just standard bottom metal but it has a shotgun bow. I'll take some pics because the rear action screw in under the bow.

that is a fantastic little rifle! what caliber did you say it was? it screams metric, hopefully an original chambering...

Thanks All! It is a really nice little rifle. The pics make it look like there is rust but there isn't justa little dirt and some scratches form use.

Kal 8x57IS. Gotta love it. Under 6.75 lbs. I'm glad someone replaced the bolt handle because I could never have brought myself to do it.

I have a similar takeoff barrel only 23" long that I plan on rechambering to 8x60S. Then mate it to an action, and install in the original takeoff stock that came with this rifle for a twin of sorts minus the ultra cool integral scope mounts though.

It's a beauty alright!! Any idea when it was built, it looks very 1950's, maybe 60's with the express type rear sights. Just curious, do you know if the winnie type safety came from BRNO factory??

Made in 1949. It came with a two position on/of safety built into the left side of the shroud but someone replaced it. It looked like this.

IPB Image

Originally I was told the rifle would come with the safety. But then the seller couldn't find it so he knocked off another $100. I'd never used the model 70 style. I like it better than I thought.