Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Are There Any Poker Players Out There?

Reverend Recoil

I have been playing Texas Hold'em poker for about ten years. I have been successful in 10-20 to 30-60 limit games. I have just started playing no-limit Texas Hold'em with mixed results. As of yet I have not played any Internet poker. I may try Internet poker by the end of this year. I play mostly in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Sometime I run over to Biloxi, Mississippi but that was before Katrina. I haven't tried Tunica yet.

Are there any poker players out there? What type of game and where do you play?

Sorry Rev,I don't even know how to play poker.My Great Grandfather lost 660 acres down to 100 during the Depression playing poker and drinking.After he lost nearly a section,he just started drinking and became a drunk,so my mother never allowed us kids to play any kind of card games or even dominos.I still don't play games,but the drinking part is one pleasure in life I aint gonna miss out on.Jerry

Guest Guest_roscoedoh_*

Rev,

I've played a million hands of no-limit hold'em with friends over the last few years. We always play penny poker and I've never lost more than $5 on a game. For all my practice at playing, I am not a poker player. I can do better at blackjack, but the cards have to right.

Really, my game is billiards and I have won many beers playing eight ball.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_MauserILike_*

I play a good bit of poker both live and over the internet. When playing poker live I usally play 1,2 nolimit at the boats in Shreveport. or we will play a no limit chip count with a 5 or 10 dollar buy in at someones house. Online I have accounts on three diferent sites. I don't play for money online, just play-money games. I could not stand losing my money to some one I could't look in the eye. The best I have placed in a online tournement was 5th out of 1500. Might want to try Shreveport for a poker game on the weekends. Have a bunch of tourist from Texas that think they can play poker come and give all there money away to us every weekend. Mil