Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Kudos To Remington!

AzRednek

I recently bought 5 boxes of 338 mag. Out of 50 shots 7 pieces of brass split at the neck or shoulder. I wrote Remington, sending them the bad brass and they answered by sending me 150 pieces of primed brass, no charge!!

That sounds like great customer service. A rarity nowdays from large companies. I think you made out pretty good. How does other brass perform? Any chamber problems?

-Don

How does other brass perform? Any chamber problems?

-Don

Can't say Don, I've only put the 50 rounds of Remington through it. Remington's letter said the brass appeared to have not been properly annealed. The ammo all appeared to have come from the same lot loaded with a 210 gr Nosler. The last tme I looked in their website it appears as though the Nosler has been dropped for the core locket slug. I've read in the gun rags all ammo and brass manufactures farm their brass out to cometitors if they can't keep up with demand. Possibly this was an example.

AZ Please get me the address you used, either here or a PM. As I have a box of small rifle primers that are "prone" to leaking/pinholeing. Just this lot and No they are not nearly overloaded [i grew out of that long ago] Thank You.. MV

AZ Please get me the address you used, either here or a PM. As I have a box of small rifle primers that are "prone" to leaking/pinholeing. Just this lot and No they are not nearly overloaded [i grew out of that long ago] Thank You.. MV

Remington Arms Company Inc.

Ammunition & Components Plant

2592 Arkansas Hwy 15 N

Lonoke, AR 72086