Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Saying Hello

eric123

Hello...My name is Eric and I like guns...I live in Kuna Idaho(near Boise), and work in IT. I spent 7 years in the Army as an 11Bravo, and had an all expense paid vacation to the Middle East. I have horrible hearing, and a bad hand...My hobbies are motorcycles and guns...Married with kids, blah, blah, blah......

If anyone in the area wants to go shooting, let me know...I usually go out to the Orchard area...

Hi Eric!

Do you do any elk hunting out there?

Idaho is my second favorite state.

I haven't hunted elk in a few years, but when I was younger I lived for hunting season...I grew up in northern Idaho, the same area as the first wild wolf pack introduced back to the wild...needless to say the elk and deer numbers have been plumeted...I don't care what any wildlife biologist says, wolves thrill kill, they don't just target the sick and old...I have seen the carcases...

If any of you come through this area, stop in and say hi...

Howdy Eric. Thanks for your service! I'd sure like to see Idaho sometime I hear its awfull pretty. Jim

Missouri is nice too...I spent a couple months at Fort Leonard Wood...Coldest winter of my life...

Welcome Eric,

I think you'll enjoy this place, and I can assure you that at least several of us here have bad hearing. I attribute mine to years of shooting without ear protectors.

fritz

Welcome aboard,

Great to have you. Sorry to hear about the hearing, hand and IT. Been in IT

for better than 30 years (old Mainframer), can't stand it. Really looking forward

to retirement in a couple of years. Then I can go back to Alabama where I can

hunt.......

The guys on the board are really great, I have learned a lot, don't talk much,

but have learned a great deal. And really admire what these guys can do and

teach.

Again, welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard,

Great to have you. Sorry to hear about the hearing, hand and IT. Been in IT

for better than 30 years (old Mainframer), can't stand it. Really looking forward

to retirement in a couple of years. Then I can go back to Alabama where I can

hunt.......

The guys on the board are really great, I have learned a lot, don't talk much,

but have learned a great deal. And really admire what these guys can do and

teach.

Again, welcome aboard.

It's kina funny, I could care less about technology and electronics, yet I do IT...I prefer simple mechanical things...but IT does pay the bills and luckily I am good at it...

My hearing loss was from being an M60 machine gunner for many years, and my hand, well, I'd just rather forget about that, too many unpleasant memories...