Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Hinged Triggerguard Lever Release

donmarkey

don, what kind of square stock are you starting with to create these parts? is it the key stock they sell at the hardware store, or something that you know has a better composition. i am concerned that the hardware store stock may not blue consistant with the rest of the gun. thoughts?

heath

don, what kind of square stock are you starting with to create these parts? is it the key stock they sell at the hardware store, or something that you know has a better composition. i am concerned that the hardware store stock may not blue consistant with the rest of the gun. thoughts?

heath

Everday keystock, 3/8" bought at home depot for these levers. The hinges I use 5/16" a little harder to find but my local true value have some. They took cold blue fine, which is usually a good sign that they will blue fine. It's all colded rolled so it should be ok. I'll let you know when I finally get around to do a little rust bluing.

-Don

You sure do some nice work Don.

Makes my bubba jobs look like bubba jobs.

Do you leave the original release button in place?

Kenny

Thanks. And no, in fact because I drill and tapped the hole off center, I had to drill the hole the original latch rides in out a little bigger because it hit the screw head.

-Don