Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bolt Stop

scott63

Here is the bolt stop for my "Free Swede". I cut off the checkered section of the cocking piece, ground the little projection off the bolt stop and silver soldered it in place. Some filing, cold blue and Ta da! I'm pretty sure I read about this somewhere long ago and I like it.........Scott

post-472-1171142849_thumb.jpg

Here is the bolt stop for my "Free Swede". I cut off the checkered section of the cocking piece, ground the little projection off the bolt stop and silver soldered it in place. Some filing, cold blue and Ta da! I'm pretty sure I read about this somewhere long ago and I like it.........Scott

Scott,

That looks great...I have similar addition on an FN, I will definitely say yours looks absolutely top-notch!!

121_2196.jpg

That's pretty cool!

Nice work Scott.

post-267-1171227156_thumb.jpg This is how I did the bolt stop on my 1909 Argentino Mauser. I hope it shows. I checker the end of the bolt stop with a 20LPI file. It makes a good gripping surface.

I've done a few that way, they look good. But they tend to dull my files. So I think I'll try the raised pad next. I heard from somewhere you can use pieces of a checker buttplate and solder them on like Scott did.

-Don