Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Price Of Gasoline

fritz

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are....

You will be really shocked by the last one!!!! (At least, I was...)

Compared with Gasoline......

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ..........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 .... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ......... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon!

$21.19 for WATER

and the buyers don't even know the source.

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink.

Someone calculated the cost of the ink at................

you won't believe it...................

but it is true.........................

$5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump,

be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil

or God forbid, Printer Ink!!!!!

fritz

The main reason oil companies give for the high prices is supply and demand.I use 3 gallons a day of gasoline to go to and from work.I've never drank Diet Snapple.Haven't taken 6oz of Nyquil my whole life.Haven't used a gallon of brake fluid in 30 years.That's a lot of brake fluid even if your having trouble.A gallon of Scope would last a year.If all that stuff is expensive because of demand,gas orta be 300.00 a gal.fritz,remember the first fuel shortages.We actually ran out and it was hard to find in cities like Dallas.It wasn't just a rumor that supplies were short,so the prices went up .25 a gal. over night,we honestlly ran out of fuel and stations closed down for a while.Jerry

They scream "Oh, free economy, supply and demand sets the price and that's why gas is so high." Well, that only works in a true free economic model, which the gasoline supply industry is not. If it were truely free, then us guys on MFRC could say, hey, there's money to be made refining gas. Lets open a refinery. But we can't because the government(s) won't let us and it would take a billion dollars just to get the paperwork through. So, the economic model is more game theory or oligarchy where they rip us off as much as they can while we still have to drive to work to make mortgage payments. I get tired of Rush jabbering this crap about supply and demand setting the prices and fair is fair. It's BS and he is just being the mouthpiece for big oil on that topic.

"It's BS and he is just being the mouthpiece for big oil on that topic. "

Of course he is. While there has always been the old rule of supply/demand setting the prices of commodities, the oil industry (with the help of Bush and Cheney) no longer needs to follow that.

Remember the big tax breaks that Bush and Cheney gave oil companies two years ago? The same years that the oil companies were reaping record profits?

Now come on fellows, does a skunk have to be in your lap before you smell him? It's one thing to fool some of the people some of the time, but when the administration is trying to fool everyone all of the time?

Perhaps I should not resent high profits on behalf of the oil companies, since I am expecting them to drill a well on my land. In which case I would reap some of the profits that the high price of oil brings (to the tune of 22.5% of the oil from the well).

But I still have reservations on how these high prices are sustained. Supply and demand just don't cut it anymore. No, there is more to it than that. Regardless of what Fox News (and the other GOP controlled talking heads) contend.

fritz

fritz,I'm a Republican that doesn't buy the supply and demand BS.The price of fuel and immagration fiasco isn't enough to make me change parties that have John Kerry's,Omboma Lamma Tramma Scamma,or Hillary as leaders.If the Dems could get some respectiful folks,I'd look hard at switch if they would actually do something about the problems I worry about.Right now I see no hope for either party to pasify any American,just Latin Americans.I feel like a dog kicked out on a country road.Rush and Hannidy preach the oil companies only make 8 cents a gallon from their oil,and that is pure dee bull.At $3.19 a gal.,there would have to be a butt load of middle men.Exxon aint going to set back and watch their oil go for 8 cents and some dude on a street corner make 3 bucks.They have the money to get rid of all the middlemen and make all the money themselves.I'd like someone to figure up how many gals. exxon sold last year,times 8 cents,and see if it came near the billions in profit they claim.It's time for the American people to say calf-rope,and not drive just one day,and show big oil what control we have as consumers.I'm leaving this morning for Colorado for vacation and to visit my brother,and expect to use 25 gals. of gas a day.75.00 a day for gas,and Exxon will only make 2.00 out of the 75.00.I aint buying that.Oh well! Jerry

Humm.

What you little people CANNOT understand is that we brain workers NEED proper payment to reward our heroic efforts.

The Rolls must be kept in repair and the costs of maintaining the Lear and the docking fees..the green fees the summer house and the villa in the south of France and of course there are my personal aids..Misty and Erika ..Triffany' little blue boxes are not cheap..Columbain candy is going up all the time and if young Pieter and Skye are to stay at Yale, there is the building fund and special payments for tutors to "help" them write papers and pass those tiresome exams and then there are those checks to the Parties one to the Republicans and one to the Dems..one must be fair to both, mustn't one?

I must dash now..it is time to see that Tawny gets her caviar for breakfast and it I don't watch everything, her new personal assistants, we had to let the others go, they had not kept the cat box up to her standards (they had "issues" with English but since the plant closed, we found many English speakers, happy for the work) may give her that Black sea garbage we give the help at office parties.

Cry or thunder at the pump as you will, as long as you buy that SUV and one for the wife and the RV and the boat,

dear Tawny shall have her fish-eggs. : )

Ta-Ta.

Karl

I say, Karl, Does ya all has any grey poopon? I 've run out ya know. Ain't got no small ugly vehilce, just a great big over the hill 10 pass. school bus. somethin' ta carry all ma rouwdy friends in durin' the hole earth party. HAHAHA> later gater gotta go wax on wax off. Dave :lol:

When you have friends in high places, you must take care of them. Read this about the campaign contributions of Exxon/Mobil----

Rex Tillerson , 55 (bio)

Exxon Mobil chairman, ceo > $24,200 Republican

$10,000 special interest

total: $34,200 <

Contributor Candidate or PAC Amount Date

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Bartonville , TX 76226

Exxon Mobile Corp/Executive

NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE ® $1,500

primary 03/22/07

Tillerson, Rex

Argyle , TX 76226

Exxonmobil/Senior Vice President

REPUBLICAN PARTY OF TEXAS ® $500

primary 02/26/07

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Argyle , TX 76226

Exxon Corporation/Executive

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE ® $1,100

primary 01/16/07

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE ® $5,000

primary 11/02/06

Tillerson, Rex

Argyle, TX 76226

Exxon Mobile Corp./Chairman & CEO BURGESS, MICHAEL C DR. ®

House (TX 26)

MICHAEL BURGESS FOR CONGRESS $500

general 10/17/06

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE ® $2,500

primary 06/28/06

Tillerson, Rex

Irving, TX 75039

EXXON MOBIL CORP/CHAIRMAN & CEO

EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (EXXONMOBIL PAC) $5,000

primary 05/16/06

TILLERSON, REX

IRVING, TX 75039

EXXON MOBIL CORP./CHAIRMAN AND CEO HUTCHISON, KAY BAILEY ®

Senate - TX

KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON FOR SENATE COMMITTEE $2,100

general 03/29/06

Tillerson, Rex

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 02/27/06

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE ® $1,000

primary 01/18/06

Tillerson, Rex

Bartonville, TX 76226

EXXON MOBIL CORP/PRESIDENT

EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (EXXONMOBIL PAC) $3,000

primary 05/27/05

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE ® $500

primary 03/28/05

Tillerson, Rex

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 02/16/05

TILLERSON, REX W MR.

BARTENVILLE, TX 76226

EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION/PRESIDENT BUSH, GEORGE W ®

President

BUSH-CHENEY '04 COMPLIANCE COMMITTEE INC. $2,000

general 06/08/04

TILLERSON, REX

BANTONVILLE, TX 76226

EXXON MOBIL CORP/PRESIDENT

EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (EXXONMOBIL PAC) $2,000

primary 05/10/04

Tillerson, Rex

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 04/29/04

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE ® $250

primary 01/27/04

Tillerson, Rex W Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 01/16/04

Tillerson, Rex W. Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 12/16/03

Tillerson, Rex

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 12/16/03

TILLERSON, REX W MR.

BARTENVILLE, TX 76226

EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION/PRESIDENT BUSH, GEORGE W ®

President

BUSH-CHENEY '04 (PRIMARY) INC $2,000

primary 09/23/03

Tillerson, Rex W. Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 07/18/03

Tillerson, RexW. Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 05/08/03

Tillerson, RexW. Mr.

Argyle, TX 76226

primary 11/13/02

TILLERSON, REX W

RICHMOND, TX 77469

EXXON CORPORATION

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE ® $200

primary 10/11/00

TILLERSON, REX W

RICHMOND, TX 77469

EXXON CORPORATION

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE ® $300

primary 06/22/00

TILLERSON, REX W

TOMBALL, TX 77375

EXXON CO USA FIELDS, JACK ®

House (TX 08)

FIELDS FOR CONGRESS $250

general 07/10/92

fritz didn't get any

My 74 Ford pick-up runs on premium and was designed for higher octane leaded gas. After rebuilding the engine years ago and having the heads milled the only way it runs correctly is with octane booster and premium unleaded gas. Last year I drove it less than 2,000 miles. Yesterday paying 3.30 per gallon and a bottle of octane boost that costs about 2.75 per tank. I think this year I'll be doing good if I drive it a thousand miles. I can fool with the timing and get it to run smoothly on regular but it turns the big 4 barrel carbed 390 into a gutless wanabe. With the timing retarded 8 mpg tops, at least with it running correctly I can squeeze 10+ mpg out of it if I keep my foot out of it.

I don't know if anyone caught it, but in my post about the CEO of ExxonMobil's campaign contributions---did you notice that Rex W. Tillerson moves around quite a bit?

Argyle, Tx--where the hell is that?

Irving, Tx---we know where that is because that is where the Cowboys play.

Richmond, Tx---where Houston begins (well it begins in Sugarland, but sugar would be a dead giveaway.

Tomball, Tx---where Houston ends.

Bartonville, Tx (aka several other spellings)--is there such a place? I guess Mr. Tillerson has many royal palaces. Sadam Hussein (the dictator) had many. So why should not the CEO of ExxonMobil have such luxuries?

Why not indeed?

And with the money to buy any candidate he damned well chooses, he chose Bush and Cheney and their cohorts. I bet he didn't have to twist their arm very hard!

fritz

Hey Fritz, they don't list the contributions to the Dems. Don't think they aren't there.

Az, Most of my fleet takes premium: 4AGE 20 valve JDM motor in a Corolla, Esprit Turbo, the 2 Harleys. The Camry and Truck take regular. I'm pretty much screwed. The 'Rolla gets 30MPG. The Truck gets 27. It costs the same to drive either. The Camry does the best at 30+ on the highway with regular.

When we got my wife's Sportster, with no windshield, the stock POS carb, and taking it easy in the mountains back in the 55MPH speed limit days, we got 90+MPG regularly. With a windshield, better (driveable) carb, and higher speeds, we get high 40's. I'm converting it to fuel injection now to finally be rid of carb issues. My Dresser gets about mid to upper thirties at speed with the bat wing faring and depending on head winds.

Dr.Hess

"Hey Fritz, they don't list the contributions to the Dems. Don't think they aren't there."

What I quoted was the personal campaign contributions of Mr. Rex W. Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil. If you can show me where he contributed anything to the Democratic party, I will eat my post.

Until then, I await your research. I am sure you will have to burn the midnight candle before you find such an entry.

Perhaps some contributions were made to the Democratic party in the name of ExxonMobil---but what I presented were the personal contributions of Mr. Rex W. Tillerson.

I wonder who he will contribute to this upcoming campaign. With his earnings (does he really earn them), he should be able to surpass the schitty little amount (compared to his income) that he did last election.

fritz

fritz,Argyle is about 4 miles south of Denton on 377.It's one of those $80-100,000.00 an acre communities,kinda like Southlake and Grapevine where ShooterTom lives.I paid 3.59 a gal. in Silverton Colo. Tuesday.The most I've paid in my driving years.My Philips and Conoco card works at either since they bought out Philips,and in Ouray Colo.,there is both brands of fuel next door to each other,and the Philips is 10 cents a gal. more.Why???? The Philips sign even says "A Conoco Subsiduary". Jerry