Military Firearm Restoration Corner

2 More Mausers

donmarkey

I went to the local woodworking store to get an inletting chisel and got to talking with the salesman abaout mausers. Well 2 hours later I come home with these, a 1909 engineers carbine all matching and a mismatched M48. He was thinning his collection, and I couldn't turndown the price at $240 for both. I'm seriously debating going back and getting his pristine 38 swede also.

-Don

1909014.jpg

1909013.jpg

The Engineers' Carbine is worth more than what you paid for both guns!

Clemson

I know I have several and paid more for each. The 1909 actions alone go for about that. I just wish it wasn't import marked, but seeing it is I won't feel bad butchering it if I run out of actions. The yugo is beat up and needs the bolt face welded, but it was still worth the $40 bucks I paid for parts.

-Don

:lol: yeh! some guys have all the luck alright, I could'nt win a drawing ifin' I was the only entrant. anyway, Very nice catch Don. Dave

Hey watch it, I gave you a good deal on that 1917 Winchester. :P

-Don

Now, now Don, I'm not complaining! And yes you did, and I am highly appreciative.

Simply put though, I've looked high and low and in lots of odd places and there just don't seem to be any deals on firearms in my area. One of the pawnshops that I do a fair amount of business with had a 1909 Argie a while back, that was sporterized, with a decent scope on an interesting mount, that wore a custom 338-06AI barrel - that they wanted a rather firm $900 for. :o All the other "deals" I've seen have been just about that way.

Now, now Don, I'm not complaining! And yes you did, and I am highly appreciative.

Simply put though, I've looked high and low and in lots of odd places and there just don't seem to be any deals on firearms in my area. One of the pawnshops that I do a fair amount of business with had a 1909 Argie a while back, that was sporterized, with a decent scope on an interesting mount, that wore a custom 338-06AI barrel - that they wanted a rather firm $900 for. :o All the other "deals" I've seen have been just about that way.

I was just kidding, and don't forget I still have your extractor collar.

-Don