Military Firearm Restoration Corner

K. Kale ? Whats The Hype?

brian923

hi brian923, the k.kale turk is a standard lenght action but with small ring dia barrel.they are a good rifle to have if the barrel is good. I have 3 of them. I took one and rechambered to 8mm-06, rethroated it another .150" deep. I seat my bullets only .250". this gives me extra room for kaboom power.If I was to build a 338-06 or 35 whelen, I would recommend using a vz24. I have 4 of them also.I still have the 8-06 finish reamer. I'm thinking of adding it to the sites share club. Dave

Using a Rem barrel isn't terribly expensive even if you don't have a lathe. My gunsmith friend installed mine for a modest price and it shoots like a house fire.

If you want to find Rem 700 barrels, I would recommend watching eBay. You can figure that something big like a 30-06 hasn't been shot enough to shoot the barrel out. I would recommend staying away from any magnum cartridges if you buy a Rem barrel because you just won't end up with enough barrel shank thickness to have 95% of us consider to be safe enough to fire a magnum in.

Back in the days when you could easily get a Swede replacement M96 or M38 barrel in 6.5x55, mating it to a K. Kale action was a nifty, cheap, and accurate sporter. (Large ring receiver threaded for a small ring barrel) A superb cartridge with the safety and strength of the 98 action. Never heard anyone ever complain about the Swede barrel quality either other than them having "steps". I imagine there may be a few Swede barrels out there still, but no longer cheap.

Nels

Here is a .30-06 I built for my Dad on a K.Kale action wuth Rem 700 take of bbl.. It was one of my first. It shgots better than my 700 in .30-06 does.

P1010088.jpg

:D Mighty fine rifle mr.z, how did ya get it to ballance like that? If I got a 06 barrel , what wouuld ya charge me to rethread it to k.kale Dave Just pm or email is ok.

i live on Mchenry county, illinois 'bout 80 miles west of chicago. WHY?

BECAUSE if you lived close to me i could mount that 700 rem. barrel on your k kale..for you..but shipping cost back and forth

will cost you to much..

:D Mighty fine rifle mr.z, how did ya get it to ballance like that? If I got a 06 barrel , what wouuld ya charge me to rethread it to k.kale Dave Just pm or email is ok.

I just try real hard to keep things in proportion. This stock was originally 3" longer and whould have looked really wierd with the 21.5" bbl.

email me at mccabeguns (at) yahoo.com and we'll discuss your barrelling needs.

Thanks.