Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Att Don Markey

AzRednek

Well, in Texas we have a team that has only been beaten once, by the Patriots. I suppose everyone assumes that, if you live in Texas, you must be for the Cowboys. I'm not.

I do not like the way that their owner (Jerry Jones) calls the plays instead of leaving that to the coach. I am surprised Parcells lasted as long as he did, he was no yes-man.

Then when Jerry defied logic and hired the showboat T.O., he lucked out and came up with a winning team. There are two pro teams in Texas, and the weird thing is that Bum Phillips used to coach the Houston team (known as the Oilers in those days), and now his son Wade coaches the Cowboys.

Bum Phillips has a ranch here in Goliad county, and he can be seen often in the small country cafes (beer joints) here. He is a true gentleman. He never wore his Stetson in the AstroDome, because it had a roof over it.

But his trademark today remains the big western hat, it is displayed on his ranch vehicles.

I wish the Houston Texans had a better year, but they are a young team and are improving. I believe they only won one game their first year.

fritz