Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Herter's Press Shell Holders?

mikeh3

#5 - .222 Remington and family; 380 auto

#13 - 25-20, R-2 Lovell, and wildcats on the 25-20 case

#19 - 9mm Luger, 30 Mauser, 38 ACP

#27 - 41 S&W Magnum, 401 Powermag

My first reloading press was a Model 3 Herters, and I still have it.

Clemson

I bought an old Herter's press awhile back and it came with a few shell holders and a RCBS shell holder adapter.

Does anyone know what shell holders 27,19, 13 and #5 will fit?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Clemson for the info.

I checked the model number on this press and its a Super model 3, built like a tank, I use it for heavy work. I sure hated to see Herter's stop making reloading equipment.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I sure hated to see Herter's stop making reloading equipment.

AGREED! I have a set of Herters micrometer dies that I love. I can get dead accurate on bullet depth. Very consistent production.

Mike, since you've stumbled on to those old Herters shellholders, do you have any shellholders for a proprietary Texan press? I've got a dandy vintage Texan Turret but only one shellholder for .473" brass. That covers a lot but I've got 223 and 6.5x55 which have different rims.

• 1 month later...
Mike, since you've stumbled on to those old Herters shellholders, do you have any shellholders for a proprietary Texan press? I've got a dandy vintage Texan Turret but only one shellholder for .473" brass. That covers a lot but I've got 223 and 6.5x55 which have different rims.

Sorry THOR, I don't have anything for the Texan press. I do go to yard sales and flee markets and sometime see different presses. I'll keep you in mind and contact you if I find anything.

Mike