Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Collectors Meeting

riceone

Any you fellows live anywhere close to Cleveland, MS. Next weekend Feb. 1st. and 2nd. I will have the second annual meeting of military collectors here in Cleveland at my farm shop. I have a heated shop that we meet in. Last year we had 6 display tables and this year will be 9. Had collectors from 7 states here - about 35 people in all. Supper will be furnished Friday night and noon meal Saturday. No shooting but plenty of fellowship and looking at each others show and tell. Every one welcome. My phone number is 662-719-8412 riceone

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering how the get-together went Rice.If your going to have the show next year,I think I'll be there,and be a very good reason to start hunting me a T38.Is it a mixed crowd of sporterizers and collectors?If ya'll had the weather we had here in North Texas,you had a perfect weekend.Jerry

We had rain all week through Thursday. Friday the sun came out and the temp. got around 50 and we had Saturday also pretty. Had a good show, two good Swiss displays, a nice Japanese Sword display - two swords from the 1400's. A display of experimental Japanese rifles, a display of over 40 Japanese pistols and various other displays. Good food and fellowship. here are a few pictures.

DSC03513.jpg

DSC03515.jpg

DSC03522.jpg

DSC03521.jpg

DSC03520.jpg

In this picture the man on the left in the blue sweater with hands behind his back is George Turner, He is a vetran of the second day on D-Day. The man standing at the end of the table with his hands in his pocket is Jay Ashford, he was a replacement at the battle of the Bulge. Jay is my neighbor and I go to church with George, both very gentle men. riceone.

DSC03518.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Horsefly, we will have the show again next year. We are military collectors and do have some sportered military rifle in the show but not commercial sporters. I had a couple and several other did too. Be worth you trip, hope you can be here next year. riceone.

post-15-1203649417_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a blast and I do love Mississippi.Peterbilt(PACCAR)is building a new diesel engine plant at Columbus that should be open about that time,so I could kill 2 stones with one bird.Jerry

Riceone,

Does any Japanese issue/procured Smith & Wesson stuff ever show up there?

I collected them when I could for a long time, but rarely see much anymore. Still in desparate need of holsters for the No. 3 Russian models and New Models 3 that they obtained from 1879-1911.

Thanks,

Brad

Horsefly, Cleveland is about 2 hours west of Columbus. I use to go to Dallas a lot and would take 82 over across the river and then some highway (I've forgotten the number) to Monroe and get on 20 on over to Dallas. What I'm saying is if you are on 82 going to Columbus when you get to Leland you are just 20 miles or so south of Cleveland. Wether you attend the show or not if you come this way plan on visiting me. Extra bed room always avaliable to anyone. riceone