Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Shotgun Bolt Head

donmarkey

I think I'm finally getting close to getting these bolt heads figured out. It's been a lot of trial and error. The only dimensions I had didn't seen to be on, so I had to keep playing around with them. I need to make the guide a little thicker to eliminate a little slop but they finally feed and eject properly. This one is for a H-H-H, I also have a geha that'll be next. Anyone ever play around with these? It's been fun but frustrating.

-Don

geha007.jpg

geha008.jpg

geha012.jpg

Thanks for the pics Don.I got my Geha yesterday,and dang I'm excited about working on something new and different.I have the perfect stock already,so now all I need to round up is a firing pin and a bolt head.The bolt I bought a while back came with an extractor.I done some research on Geha's last night,and learned that most has a rear sling swivel,but not a front.Then I saw a gun on Gunbroker that said it was complete except missing front sling swivel.Funny little weird things they done back in the 19teens.Reckon it was easier to leave the mount than to fix the holes and recess.Thanks again for the good deal.You or Sonic could sell me ocean front property in Arizona and I'd buy it. Jerry