Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Bolt Interchangability...

brian923

my turk mauser bolt has a really sloppy fit inside the action? is this normal? if not, can i get a different bolt, or am i just going to creat more problems? (like headspaceing issues and what not... ) or.. am i just better off looking for a differnt style mauser? (i.e. fn, or german, or husq.) brian

Brian, all Mausers are sloppy when the bolt is withdrawn. It is the design of the action. It works in dirt, snow, sand, and horse manure. As long as it locks up tightly, there is no safety issue. Some guns are slicker than others, and some are a bit "looser" than others, but all of them exhibit side to side play in the bolt when it is pulled back.

Clemson

• 3 weeks later...

thanks alot guys. so your saying to replace the bolt with a german or chezch bolt. okay. do i have to make sure to measure the bolt for it to fit, or will they interchage perfectly? also, wheres a good place to find just a bolt??? thanks brian

EDIT..... does anyone hear have a bolt they would like to sell? i dont care if it bent or straight. thanks brian

IM me here, or email (better) at

demonslayer923@hotmail.com

i would be interested in purchasing a bolt to replace my turk bolt. (german or chezch) when i got it, it was already welded, and its not in great shape. (bad weld job) i think someone took the origonal to use in another rifle to sell. i got a really good deal on the rifle, so i just put up with it. thanks again, brian ohhh. rifle is a 8mm mauser.