Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Its as close as I get to sporterizing ...

Gothmog

I know, I know, but I have no technical abilities whatsoever, so this is as close as I get to customizing a rifle. That's right, add accessories and stir. tongue.gif

This setup has some real potential for working well in the Action Rifle matches I run and looks kinda cool too. This carbine is cheap to shoot as it is chambered in 9mm and accurate to boot. The Eotech Holosight really makes target acquisition a quick and easy prospect.

user posted image

They work great at night, as the brightness of the reticle is adjustable. If set too bright (in the dark), you see nothing but the reticle, so this is important.

Unlike a red dot scope, there is no magnification, so its like having enhanced iron sights. I like 'em for everything up to 100 yards ... perhaps further, I just haven't used them for anything else.

Eotechs are the cat's meow. One guy at snipersparadise uses his as backup for his tactical rifle, an added bonus is the NVG setting that EOtechs have so that you can shoot in total darkness without having your illuminated reticle give your position away.

They are a lot cheaper than a nightvision scope, and you can use them with ANY generation of NVG, but obviously the more you pay, the better it your night vision will be.

Jimro

Would you prefer a red dot with the low magnification?

3509[/snapback]

If you are asking me, the answer is no ... I much prefer the enhanced periperal view of the EOTech.

Then again, I shoot at 100 yards and closer, so the magnification of a scope isn't a big deal. When you are shooting multiple targets as well as moving targets at close range that EOTech really shines ... you can easily lose your target when using a scope.