Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Reverend Recoil

swamprat

Thanks for your thoughts and concern. All my friends and family are in the Baton Rouge area. They are all getting along well. Almost all of them have electricity now. My home is still standing. The shed that covered my lawn mower has blown away and the property is covered with trash and tree branches. My three sons are cleaning it up today. I am one of the lucky ones. My house is empty right now. I may put up a New Orleans family there. It is kind of hard to manage such things while in Iraq. I think I will let my brother handle everything.

I was the plant engineer at the foundry that produced the giant flood pumps for New Orleans. They have an 8ft impeller, 40 inch discharge nozzle, and are coupled to a 400 hp diesel engine. I think eight of them were made in 1968. Even so, all the experts and civil engineers knew these pumps would be ineffective if the levies broke. These pumps did what they were designed to do. They worked well against heavy rain fall but not against the 25ft tidal surge.

All this happened while I was traveling from Baghdad to Mosul. I was able to keep up with the news but at times it was hard to find an Internet plug-in. Most of my time online was spent emailing the folks back home. The population of Baton Rouge has doubled. Schools are packed with refugee kids. Hotels are full and rental property is no longer available. LSU has canceled its first home game. They may cancel the next one. The Saints may not play a home game this season. My brother is in electrical sales. He experienced hurricane Andrew in Florida. He is now in Baton Rouge expediting generators, cable, and all other electrical hardware. He has been working 20 hours per day this week.

The Arkansas National Guard has left Iraq and is headed straight to New Orleans. They are well experienced in dealing with armed and lawless punks. I am sure they will make sure the punks in New Orleans get special treatment. I say kill them all and leave them where they fall. They are nothing but in-human predators taking advantage of other's misfortune.

It is just a matter of time before New Orleans' crime problem becomes Baton Rouge's crime problem.

Guest MorgansBoss

Glad to hear the family's OK Rev.! I couldn't agree more with your statement - "...kill them all and leave them where they fall..." let gators have the carcasses, if they will.

Sorry, I don't know any of the Congers from Baton Rouge.