Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New Toy

z1r

Toy(ota) that is. Tranny went out on my Jetta and this came up for sale for what it would cost to have the VW repaired. A good customer of mine was selling it. Gotta fly to Montana to pick it up. I love road trips.

IMG00091.jpg

IMG00090.jpg

IMG00086.jpg

I've been needing a 4wd, my pick up isn;t much good once it snows. :lol:

Whoa!! A Landcrusher.

Pretty much indestructible. A friend has one with a spare clutch in the back seat. He bought the clutch when he bought the truck, knowing he was going to need to replace it. 75K miles later (Now about 175,000 miles on the truck), and the spare is still in the box.

I bought a Tundra last week. Mine is a double cab 2006 model. It's a great time to go out and buy a gas guzzler, fellows. Prices are right......

Good truck there, Mike!

Clemson

Good for you Mike! Aint many units that's built tough that can look that good.Sorta like a pretty girl that can weld.That's a classy ride.I've been to Montana,so I'm terrible jealous. Jerry

Welcome to the club Mike!

My beat up old Toyota has close to 230,000 and just keeps on going. You'll like the Landcruiser - they're borderline indestructible and will go anywhere. I wish I had one...

Enjoy it man!

I think that's the LC with the same transmission as the 6 ton truck or something. They are the toughest vehicle ever made.

I have 308K miles on my 86 RN Truck. Took it in to work today, 80 miles round trip. Had to dispose of another 'coon. Speaking of which, I think I have found the ultimate Coon Trap Bait. Better even than Special Kitty: M&M's. Smash a couple and rub them all over the trigger.

I needed a hunting/camping rig and something to drive in the snow here. I had an 86 Toy pickup that I just hated to sell but school was more important.

Now I need to get rid of the Jetta and the Silverado and buy another econo box for commuting. Can't wait til the week after next when I get to pick it up and drive home.

The Tundras are real nice. I was looking for an extra cab Tacoma but they want more than $12K for one with over 100K miles. No thanks. Maybe I'm just cheap, lol.

Mike,

In all honesty, since I've got the truck and its paid for and runs good, and I've got the bike, the next vehicle I'll buy will probably be a four door car that gets good fuel mileage. My mother had a Camry that she and my sister drove until it finally just gave out (at somewhere around 300K miles) and it got great gas mileage and was a comfortable ride. Plus you could haul a bunch people and stuff around in it comfortably too.

My next econo box will probably be something of that order.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for too. The Jetta was nice because I could fit both kids and their car seats with some room. But, the darn thing had crappy window regulators that were always going out.

I'm trying to book my flight now. Good news, I just won a Mexican mauser off GB for $42.

-Say, we need to talk about pig hunting. I may be down that way this Xmas. If you're gonna be home we should get together. I gotta 8x60 that's dyin to put the hurt on a pig or two.

Oops! I'd re-read my message and deleted it and was going to rewrite it before my power went out.

I hope to have my 8x60s done by Christmas! If not, I've got another Mauser that's pig proven.

When you get down this way, holler at me on the cell. I'll be around or I'll make time to be around.

I'll have to finish the email I started this evening. Much has happened since we last spoke...

At the risk of intruding on a private conversation - we all like to talk about our favorite vehicles. Attached is a picture of my commuter. Granted it's a few years old, the vehicle is 13 years old and the picture is 5 years old but it still looks the same (except no raised white letters anymore). I try to keep it lookin' nice. It has 175k+ miles and has never given me any trouble worth complainng about. My plans are to take the top off this fall for the first time.

I've been paying for college for the last 5 years and will be for the next 9 years (all NC State to date). My plan is to drive this as long as I possibly can before buying something new - I need another 90k miles out of it. I love driving it to and from work. Many of my work friends drive foreign luxury but I just can't identify.

post-3097-1218630383_thumb.jpg

Nice truck Bob.

I had an 82 pickup that I use dto drive everywhere. The whole family loved that one even the mother-in-law. But, things went wrong with it last year and I didn't have a job so I sold it when my Dad gave me his '96 Chevy. I miss the old Truck but there are some nice thins about the new one. Only problem is it isn't a 4x4.

I'll look for your email Jason.

Mike seeing you live out west I guess that'll be a nice rig. I'd be disowned or blackballed if I bought something that didn't come out of Detriot though. Bob, that's a nice rig, I'd be proud to place in my driveway (next to the sign that says no forgein vehicles allow). Here's the only pic I had handy of mine, I couldn't live with 4 wheel drive.

-Don

deerhunting2007011.jpg

Mike,I got kinda strange story for you.My nephew(he lives in Lake City Colorado)bought either a Range Rover or Land Cruiser in Butte Montana.He and his wife flew up there to pick it up.On their way out of town,headed home,someone ran a redlight or stop sign and T-boned them,totalling out their ride they were so proud of.They weren't hurt,but shook up and dissapointed.Strange that 2 people from Texas,then Colorado,go to Montana to get maybe the same kinda car.Be very careful that that's the only things that ya'll have in common. Jerry

Jerry,

That is coincidental. As you say, I hope that's as far as it goes.

Don, no I fly out on the 23rd to drive it back. Got one more week and the suspense is killing me.

Nice looking GMC.

Kenny,

Great looking fleet. Where'd you find the Mauser stickers?

Got them from a local business that makes all kinds of decals. (graphics, truck lettering etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a Toyota lover, but those LC's have always been on my to respect list.

They're build the old fashion way with quality in mind, and will keep going.

Myself I'm a Land Rover nut case since I'earned to drive with one of them in the 1950's as a kid.

Today I still have my Range Rover that I bought new in 1993.

I like the idea of the Mauser stickers, I need to look into that.

Funny thing about my tag on the Rabnge Rover that is FAL.

Stands for Fredd In ALabama, or for my other favorite rifle, the Belgian FN FAL.

But the best explenations was during the last elections in 2004.

I'm parked on a grocery store, and when I leave the store, I see and elder gentleman looking at my tag.

From there the conversation goes like this.

Older man : Is that your truck Sir ?

Me : Yes Sir.

Older man : I love your tag.

Me " Do you know what it stands for ?

Older man : Of course !!! F*ck All Liberals !!!

I love that old man ;)

post-3913-1220630421_thumb.jpg