Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Plow Disk Cooker

Horsefly

Has anyone used a disk on a campfire? I bought a disk a few days ago,and can't wait to try it out.I've got to get my welder hooked up so I can weld on the handles and feet.I have a new smoker in the works too.I've outgrown my old smoker. Jerry

Fring fish maybe the same as fring bacon or potatoes,but I'm no expert.The first time I heard of disk cooking,some Mexicans at work was talking about discada(at least that's what it sounded like)cooking.Apparently they've done it for years.I'm going to check out the Outdoor Channel and see if I can find the program you saw AK. Jerry

Here is a link to a more elaborate setup disc cooker

Scroll down and it will show one being used on a grill.

Here is a how to DIY with nice pics..............Make your own disc cooker

On this one, I can see making a lid out of another disc, even using one of smaller diameter. I'd like to see one made with a scalloped edge for the bottom and a smaller one with smooth edges for the lid. Could use a horse shoe to make the lid handle or handles.

Any of you farmers have some old disc blades?

I bought a new disk without the center hole from the place mentioned in the website Littleboat posted(Lanford Supply,Marble Falls Tex.) for 35.00.I've been told since that Tractor Supply has them.Littlecanoe,let me know if you can't find any near you,"cause I think shipping will be tough because of the weight.Mine is 22'',but Dad has a few laying around that came off his plows that maybe a tad smaller.If you really want to build one,we'll figure something out.

Thanks fly,

I thinking of making one with the horse shoe handles. Maybe make Horse shoe feet to place it over the coals or fire.

My dad has a mig welder so touching up that hole would be pretty easy. Price is good too!

I'll check with my uncle who still farms and an old family friend who farms several Hundred acres still. If I can't find a few good used ones I may try to work something out. I think that cooking on one of these would be pretty neat if for no other reason than for the Cool factor. Lol.

Those fajita's on the one cooker sure looked good though!