Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Peruvian

Ron J

I stumbled across a Mauser today that I may go back and get. It is a Peruvian Model 1935. All matching numbers. FN - Herstal Belique. It has a sporter stock thats not bad. Military barrel. Theres that notch in the back of the front ring. I don't know what caliber it is now. My readings say it's a "short rifle" and some were rechambered for 30-06. Anyone familiar with these? I think the price is right, $200.00. I'm guessing anything Belgium can't be all bad.

Walnut

Ditto what Don said, $200 is a good price for a non pitted action. there is an interesting thread on Peruvians on AR.

These are Turks but your Peruvian would be damn near identical.

DSC00034.jpg

I think this one said Model 1935. Is that as good as a 1909? Yes, Z, it looks like the top one. The hump is flat on top. No pitting I can see - won't know for sure until I part with the bux and the stock is off.

Well I picked it up. It was 225 not 200, but I grabbed it anyway. The pitting seems minor. No idea what caliber it is - no "30" marking. It chambers a sized 30-06 shell, but the extractor doesn't grab it good enough to pull it out completely. A chamber cast will tell me something.post-466-1233537266_thumb.jpgpost-466-1233537588_thumb.jpgpost-466-1233537512_thumb.jpgpost-466-1233537665_thumb.jpgpost-466-1233537800_thumb.jpg