Military Firearm Restoration Corner

First Deer Of The Season

8uck5nort

Season is starting out real good. :D

Got out Friday pm, Saturday am and pm and Sunday am. Was 15 minutes from quitting time this morning and this guy walked in and stood quartered away at 17 yards. Hit slightly back and pierced liver and opposite lung. Blood trailed about 200 yards. He had 9 mainbeam points and 4 countable stickers for a 13 pointer. He dressed at 160 lbs with estimated live weight at 180-185 lbs.

post-5537-125349156375_thumb.jpg

post-5537-125349172407_thumb.jpg

post-5537-125349175662_thumb.jpg

I love deer season. :D

8uck5nort

Thanks All.

This really made my weekend. This was a "bonus" urban license and general archery does not open until Oct 1st, so I will be back out hunting again looking for buck #2. If I don't arrow another buck I'm gonna take one with rifle or me muzzie during rut in November.

Roscoedoh, Caution. Bow hunting is extremly addicting. Watch out.

Rojelio, Antelope, very cool. That is on my species bucket list along with black bear, elk, and a moose. Archery, rifle, muzzie, crossbow. Doesn't make a dfference to me.

Good luck to all.

You guyes are getting some nice bucks! Our actual bow season doesn't open untill October 16 or 17. We've had a one week bow season, and this week is muzzloader season for a week.

Thats a nice deer. You guyes are making me jelous! Thats a big bodied deer, very nice rack as well. good job.

Brenden