Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Youngest Son Draws First Blood

8uck5nort

Here is one that I didn't shoot, but I am really proud of. My youngest son decided to go hunting for the first time yesterday morning. He took out the 50 cal muzzie and we got a doe doing a ground stalk.

post-5537-12540628937_thumb.jpg

post-5537-125406323426_thumb.jpg

Two deer in two weekends. This season is starting out very good! Thank you! :-)

Your son did well. Its good to see some young people that are still intrested in the outdoor sports. I hope hes hooked for life.

Brenden

I think he has,. He has already stated what spot he wants for opening morning of firearms season in November. :)

Some more good news.

My oldest son must have been feeling a little left out and has asked me to take him bow hunting this Saturday... I have been after these guys for four years to hunt with me and they are finally doing it. I hope to have some more Father/Son shots this weekend, but this time with my oldest! :D

Well our deer hunting magic seems to be on hold. My oldest son and I hunted hard Saturday morning and evening, but no deer showed. Some squirrels and raccoons... :(

He bailed on me on Sunday. I saw nothing Sunday except one lone turkey.

His archery license is good all season. Maybe I can get him back out during the rut in November. Lots of standing corn in the midwest right now, and the deer are really scattered so we'll see.