Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Build In Progress

Brenden

Hello Gentlemen. Thought I would post some pics of a build that I am currently working on. It started life as a yugo 24/47 (intact and not too shabby either). So far I have completed the following..all work done by yours truely ;)

1. Welded a new bolt handle on- Its a Callahan- yeah I finally got around to notching the reciever-and finished shaping the bolt..

2. D&T'ed for Leupold 2 piece mounts- FN reverseable

3. Put a adams and bennet 21" .308 pipe on her- Not yet chambered

4. Added a Dayton Traister trigger and saftey.

5. Re-countoured the trigger guard.

6. Fitted it to a Boyd's Pepper Laminate Stock-got to finish shaping it..

All thats left is set headspace, Dura-coat in stainless steel, and add a button release on the floor plate, and kill a few deer with her. She is a joy to lift, very nice light gun, and good looking if I don't say so myself. Enjoy.

Brenden

100_0422.jpg

100_0464.jpg

100_0465.jpg

100_0466.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here are some progress pics.

Still have to chamber (will happen with in a week or so)

Finish Shaping stock/Clean up bolt some more.

Dura Coat

Some my not like my bolt style, but for me on this gun I didn't want a long sweep away from the gun. I like a bolt to be long and straighter than normal. Makes it easier for when I get excited on these WV eleven pointers and go shooting like crazy ;)

Brenden

100_0548.jpg

100_0543.jpg

100_0547.jpg

100_0544.jpg

100_0539.jpg

100_0541.jpg

You're coming along, Brenden, it looks like a pretty good fit in the stock.

Don't forget the safety breech cut for the extractor and breech ring if it is a yugo bolt and you want to do it right. But that is up to you. Let us know how it shoots.

Spiris

Thank you Jeff. The stock came from sporterexpress.com , its a Boyds peper laminate. They are on sale right now for $72 (if they have any left in stock). They are a nice stock, but made for a barrel w/more meat towards the end, not a F14 contour A&B barrel (a F34 would have a better wood to barrel metal fit) Metal to wood fit everywhere else is very nice for a mass produced stock, surprised me. There is alot you can do with them to make them look good. I'm getting better at shaping but still have a long ways to go ;) I just got it beded with steel putty about 1 hour ago, turned out very nice. I'm pretty proud of this one, my first complete diy.

Brenden

They are a nice stock, but made for a barrel w/more meat towards the end, not a F14 contour A&B barrel (a F34 would have a better wood to barrel metal fit)

Brenden

I think the barrel channel is cut for a #2 Douglas contour.

absolutly incredible looking. like it, alot! question....will a k.kale turk fit into a yugo M48 stock?

No.

A k-kale is a standard length action and has the same exterior dimensions as a gew98, 98k, vz-24 etc.

A yugo 48 is an intermediate length action, approximately 1/4" shorted than a standard.