Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ideas?

jeffturk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not really into re-loading. can i buy otc 8mm-06 ammo? is it readily available? if so. will i need to do something with the magazine? just tring to figue out all this. i think i am just going to have the breech end of the barrel cut down a few thousandths and go from there. thanks for all the information and input. gonna try this first then go from there. thanks again and if there is anything else you guys want to let me know. i appreciate it ALOT. Jeff

i am not really into re-loading. can i buy otc 8mm-06 ammo?

If you're not into reloading, then you should consider a standard 8mm (re)chambering.

That said, there is loaded ammo in 8mm-06 available at the link that I have posted below.

The problem with that is, at around $2 a shot, it will hit your wallet every time you pull the trigger.

http://www.buckammo.com/results.php?cartridge=8mm-06&Type=Rifle

Spiris

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys. i got another barrel (8mm Turk $20.00) and am getting ready to separate the old one from my reciever and thread on the new one. i took off the front and rear sight and was wondering if anyone wanted them. i did break the rear sight spring but i thik all else is fine. let me know. first come first serve, i guess you pay ship. ??