Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Wake Up Call.

spec4 e4

I was driving on I80 EB in Utah Monday A.M., when I slammed on my brake and turn the wheel to the right. I missed a flipped over Ford SUV. I pulled the brakes on the shoulder. Jump out and told my wife to call 911. I grab my 6 D cell Maglite and rush up to the one car accident. I could not believed that anyone made it out alive. It was a wreck. The woman ran up and huge me and keep asking for help. I then found a 7-1/2 month pageant woman and a middle age woman who was unconscious . As I was tell both women not to move the one on the ground, I was worried about another car or semi not see the wreck, so I waited for a car or truck to come to block the wreck. Nevertheless, the car saw my flashlight moving from right to left and back again. But it just barely misses the wreck. My luck another truck that I pass going up the hill saw this and stopped. I ran up and told him that I need him to block the road. He moved his rig to block all three lanes. The wreck has no lights and no lights along the side of the road. After five minutes, the woman came too, I kept telling her not to move and help is on the way. I started to ask the woman basic question that she should know. She tired many times to move, but I just keep telling her not to move. Finally, the state trooper shows up. I give him a run down and told him that she might need to be air lifted, after seeing her, he agree and order a chopper. After the firefighters and EMT show up, the trooper start to figure out what was going on. He asked me if I was involved. I told him that I went through the debur field and that I never touch the SUV. He asked me to fill out a report. As I was filling out the report near the meatwagon, I over heard that they could not find a heartbeat on the baby. The chopper came and took the middle aged woman to SLC. The driver was the only one wearing a seatbelt and they were coming from a baby shower. After I give my report to the trooper and was told I could leave. I was covered in blood on my right side.

Sad morning. After taking a shower and got in touch with dispatch to tell him why we stop. After looking for something to eat, I was thinking that I can't remember turning the wheel. And I came to four feet from the woman head while I was avoiding the accident.

That will make ya think. I'm glad you were ther to help. God must have been at work with that to keep you from running over the woman on the ground. Do you know if she lost the baby?