Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Newt And The Draft.

karlunity

Chicken hawks..

Ron Paul pointed out that Newt was a fella who would send others to war while he, Newt, sat out Nam in collage.

Newt replied that he had not asked for a deferment.

That may well be true..but just to clear matters up for the younger fellas,

you did not have "To Ask" the deferment was automatic as long as you stayed in collage.

EVERYONE KNEW THAT.

Nothing was stopping Newt from enlisting and finishing college when he came home as I did.

In short that was not an honest answer.

I think that I prefer Newt to Mittens but I am not letting that pass.

Karl

The media is not reporting it but I heard the Newt came out in favor of Obama care over the weekend.

The same 2 guys talking about newt and Obama care claimed that the governor NJ should be asked to run for president on the GOP ticket.

I then read an article this morning about a $1000 bounty for guns in NJ!

I also read an article that Romney has the same problem as Obama; he’s not eligible to run for the WH.

Seems that old Mitt (Willard) while born in the USA is the son of a Mexican that wasn’t legal at the time.

Personally i think were screwed.

The media is not reporting it but I heard the Newt came out in favor of Obama care over the weekend.

The same 2 guys talking about newt and Obama care claimed that the governor NJ should be asked to run for president on the GOP ticket.

I then read an article this morning about a $1000 bounty for guns in NJ!

I also read an article that Romney has the same problem as Obama; he's not eligible to run for the WH.

Seems that old Mitt (Willard) while born in the USA is the son of a Mexican that wasn't legal at the time.

Personally i think were screwed.

It doesn't matter whether one's parents are citizens of the US when one is born or even if they are in the country illegally. If you are born on US soil, you are a US citizen until or unless you choose to reject that citizenship.

There are aspects of "Obama care" that are GOOD. The problem is the WHOLE package, and this is what the Republican party has been saying ever since Obama Care was first proposed, and to what Gingrich is currently referring.

The Governor of NJ WAS asked, REPEATEDLY, to run for president. He REPEATEDLY refused. I'm glad he did. He just came out "swinging" in his endorsement of Romney.

Mitt Romney is half Mexican??? It's difficult to imagine that the press hasn't been ALL OVER that, regardless of whether they were here legally or not. A Mexican Morman! Come on - the press couldn't resist that!

A bigger problem I have with Romeny is that he refuses to release his tax forms. I wouldn't release mine, but I'm not asking the American public to elect me president. If you are going to run for president, you need to

1) PROVE you are eligible,

2) Make public your tax records at least for the past 5 years like the IRS makes the rest of us do in an audit. You want to run for president, your tax records should AUTOMATICALLY get audited.

One of the aspects of the "birth certificate" BS that Obama pulled was EXACTLY the same BS that Gingrich is pulling with respect to his military deferment. Obama CLAIMED that it was Hawaii that was refusing to release his birth certificate. That was A BALD-FACED LIE. EVERY state has privacy laws that protect citizens from having their private, but MANDATORY, records revealed publicly. The LIE was that Hawaii could over-ride a citizen's rights and keep the records private EVEN IF THE CITIZEN ASKED FOR THEM TO BE RELEASED. BS! As soon as a citizen says it is "OK" to release private records, the state has NO legal standing to keep them private. All Obama had to do was say he wanted his birth certificate released and Hawaii would have done it in a heartbeat. The reason he didn't is because he needed more than a year to fabricate lies, falsify documents, and pay off or threaten people that knew the truth. It is my sincerest hope that the truth about his citizenship will come out in my life-time.

"Personally i think were screwed."

We have been for a long time.

Paul

All Obama had to do was say he wanted his birth certificate released and Hawaii would have done it in a heartbeat. The reason he didn't is because he needed more than a year to fabricate lies, falsify documents, and pay off or threaten people that knew the truth. It is my sincerest hope that the truth about his citizenship will come out in my life-time.

Amen Dude...........

I'm amazed the Messiah from Kenya hasn't yet blamed GW for his not releasing his BC. It took him over 3 yr. to divulge his supposedly real BC and that was after many false starts with obviously forged Docs regarding birth and Selective Service registration. Dare we mention his BOGUS SS#. How about his non existant college transcripts? His claims of being a Law Professor? The list of lies and obsfucations from the Messiah is endless.

He even lied to his little girls about a Shelter Dog. Then bragged about it on TV saying "Oh that was just a campaign promise." Just like everything that comes out of his mouth.

Mittens mother was a citizen of the US and Mexico and he was born on US soil. Making him a Natural Born Citizen. His family had fled to Mexico to get away from the polygamy laws in the US.

JM2c

IMO, Newt has a lot to offer, as he's a brilliant politician, but his skeletons in the closet keep chasing him.

On Newt and the draft, many remained in college for various reasons, but it congers up the melody of Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son. An anti-war song many of us remember.

Spiris

The President has to be a "natural born" citizen, meaning born in this country to parents who are both American citizens. That's how the Democrats tried to disqualify McCain. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone in a military hospital but the court ruled that was still American soil.

meaning born in this country

Is not correct. See below for the official requirements to be POTUS:

http://usgovinfo.abo...presrequire.htm

And for those that want to argue about "natural born citizen":

http://www.federalistblog.us/2008/11/natural-born_citizen_defined/

Paul

Natural born...means born..not adopted or a ward.

It does NOT mean that your parents had to be born in America.

Children of service people born on US bases or in transit are citizens as are children of Americans born overseas. So, if the Hippy and I were in France when she gave birth, our child would be American and as long as he or she lived in the states for 14 years pior to running and was 35 the kid could be president.

Karl

I am a Vietnam Vet. Friends of mine my age that I went to High School with decided to take the chance and go to work rather than College. The money would help the Family. While our friends around us were losing their Deferments and getting Drafted, they were ignored by Selective Service. These guys were not 4F, they had in some cases played Varsity Sports. These were Hispanics from East Los Angeles. A group that was heavily drawn on from California. Why they were not called up no one knows; they were waiting. That Newt or anyone else never received a call is a puzzle, but they didn't. It was nothing they did or did not do.

To me the Question is a "You Can't Win" question as in "Do You still beat your Wife". Not a question with a winning answer.