Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Finaly Got Off By Backside And Shipped It.

rdm1962

I have been dragging my feet on my Turk in 280 for many months. I removed the charging hump and hand guard ring last summer. The stock came from Richards in Sept. It sat on the bench untouched for a few months. I was having issues with my Williams D&T jig. I returned it to Brownells. I bought a Bruno bolt handle and a shroud with safety from Don Markey in Dec. I got a great deal on another D&T jig from a member on Mauser Central in Jan. I glass bedded the stock in Feb. I finally call Clemson on Friday. We talked about what needed to be done. I sent it off today. Now, I have to work on the stock. It needs to be ready for the action when it come from Clemson.

I have a Yugo 48 that will keep the military barrel. I will sweat the sight off the barrel. I have a bolt that has a sporter bolt handle already welded up. It head spaces perfectly. I have the stock, trigger and bolt shroud. I just need to put it together.

I will keep you up date as things progress.

Ralph

I know how you feel, I has an 06 on a 1909 I've been working on for about 4 years. Finially got it to the point I could sent to out for bluing. About 10 coats on the stock and 30 or so more to go. Hope to have the stock ready to drop the metal in when it comes back but I doubt it. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to do something. I end up working on other peoples project so much I seldom get time to do my own.

Don