Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Vote Time For Reamer Co-Op

FC

I believe the best way to handle the co-op is to ship each members items back to them and then the members can regroup as they see fit.

In the next few weeks I will be contacting each member per e-mail to verify their address and I will ship their back to them.

Thanks,

Mike

I believe the best way to handle the co-op is to ship each members items back to them and then the members can regroup as they see fit.

In the next few weeks I will be contacting each member per e-mail to verify their address and I will ship their back to them.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike as a non co-op member, maybe I should just sit back and see how this goes. But as an interested party [and I'd like to believe contributing forum member] who intends to join co-op. Wouldn't it be easier for you to ship one box to one address. Rather than say 50 boxes to various addresses?

As a current non-member I don't feel as if I have a vote either way. But overwhelming concensus of members seems to want to keep co-op intact under new handler as you first suggested.

Pacrat, I appreciate your opinion and appreciate the opinions of the members but I was given responsiblity for caring for the tools of 40 members and I have only heard from a handful. I am responsible for all these tools and I would not feel right handing them over to another member without the go ahead of at least a large majority of the members. I will encourage the members to regroup and I will send my reamer to whomever is chosen as the new coordinator to insure my membership in the new group.

The reamers and tools will begin going back to rightful owners right away and as I said I will contact each member by e-mail to verify your shipping address. Members need not worry if they haven't heard from me yet. I will be doing this over the course of several weeks and each member will be contacted before I ship their tools.

I have a couple of reamers out being used right now but rest assured you will receive your reamer and or gages back.

I will report back here after a couple of weeks to let everyone know how it is going.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

I'd prefer that you send my reamer directly to the new coordinator,if that be Rod or we vote

for someone else. At the moment it would seem to be Rod.

If the others feel the same you can just make one shipment then.

What say ye fellow members??

What would you prefer be done with your reamers and for that matter who do you want to co-ordinate? There have only been 4 member votes so far. If the member count is 40 do we need

21 votes for the same person or set a date and take the simple majority?

Craig

I agree that they should just be sent to Rod since he is the only one who seems to be on the ballot so far.

I would prefer that my reamers were sent to him (or whoever gets elected) directly. A big savings in postage all around not having to ship them on to him after you send them to me.

I just finished up with the 270 reamer and will get it sent back to you ASAP.

Maybe Tony could send an email notice to everyone and get them to check in. Some people may not be watching this forum closely.

Sounds reasonable, but I understand Mike's concern about whether the contributors are okay with it. I don't have any of the emails. Mike, do you want to email them? If they don't respond in a few days, send the reamers to Rod?

I'm fine with you sending my head space gauges to him.

I understand what Mike's doing. I've been surprised about how many folks seem to get butt-hurt right away about small things (an anonymous complaint seemingly was part of bringing this whole thing on) so he's taking the most conservative route & I can't blame him.

'Tis an unfortuante end to a good co-op - hopefully we can get it stood back up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know Rod personally but if he's willing to put out the effort the I say "Thank You Rod!".

I'll also second, third, fourth....whatever it is at this point, the fact that if the co-op is broken down individually it will quickly fall apart. I have only used the co-op a couple of time but all this fussiness over what may come of it has motivated me to finish some projects. I have a K. Kale that's been sitting in my closet for several years, I need to barrel it...unsure on caliber. I also have a Santa Barbara action I need to barrel, for that one I'm thinking 338 Win Mag or having my 338 reamer re-ground to 8mm-338 Win Mag. Not really sure on which way I will go with the reamer. Any input from the group? The reamer needs to be resharpened anyhow so a regrind won't cost that much more. Then I have a couple of barrels I'm going to ream for 30br and two others for 6mm br and 22 br respectively for my Savage 110. I'm looking forward to it cooling off so I can get all this completed!!

Thanks again to everyone in the Co-Op!!

BP

I'm Ok with Rod too.

well some guys have sent me their reamers or gages for entry to co op so we now have a few new members coming aboard so its still alive and well now were waiting to see if mikes going to just box up the inventory and send it out or waste money return them and then hope members are willing to waste more money to send it in again.Tony has spoken and he should have final say since it was a product of this board and he just gave Mike the reins till he got tired so now is time to pass the torch to new caretaker. I want to get it all set up and add all the other dozen or so reamers and gage sets i have of my own to expand the selection greatly.

Rod

As a new memeber I would like to contribute to the community. Is there a list of reamers that are already in existence. I doubt that contributting a 308 win reamer would help a lot. Is there a particular reamer that would be a good contribution?

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent off today a new ( came from Brownell's on Thursday ) reamer in 338-06. I also included gauges for 06 family. Rod said the coop was lacking this caliber. I hope it comes in handy for many.

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have waited for responses from the members and the ones that have responded seem to be fine with giving it to Rod, so thats what we will do. I am in the process now of trying to round up some reamers and gages that have not made it back in yet. I will contact the people that seem to have been the last one to use them and when I am finished I will post anything else that hasn't came in yet. I'd like to send the complete inventory to Rod so he can start fresh.

In the end if I can't gather them all up I will replace anything that has gone missing.

If you have anything that belongs to the co-op inventory please let me know. I will keep the membership up to date.

Mike