Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Is There A Differance?

cougar69

I would call up Timney and ask them. I have a Timney on my 98 Turk. If I recall, and it's only been about 14 years, I did not go with a "FN" type and it was for a standard 98 type Mauser. I got the one without the built in safety. My Turk has a 1946 stamp and no thumb cutout.

Timney has lost my business. The day I picked up the group buy of Nagant triggers. I also purchased at full list price a Mauser trigger. There were other Mauser triggers in the group buy but because I didn't place the order via the group buy. I had to pay full price. Discovering a few months later the trigger would not work because they gave me one for an 03 Springfield. They refused to exchange it. I don't know whom it was but I suspect it was the new owner. He let me wait in the front lobby for apx 15 minutes only to send an employee out to tell me the policy has changed. Told me to take it to a gunsmith and if necessary they would do the exchange it through the gunsmith. A few years ago the previous owner, the founder's son. Would install and adjust for free while the customer waited. The new owner wants 30-45 days so he obviously doesn't want to get involved. I know it shouldn't make a difference, i could be mistaken, I shouldn't be prejudiced but sorry I am. The person I believe is the new owner or manager appears to be a flamer.

Overly energetic tightening of the screw on a Bold trigger will stretch the "ears" that are pinned to the action. I have seen it happen. In my opinion the Timneys are made better and of better materials. Not trying to be argumentative -- just stating my observations.

Clemson

I have found the same issue with bold as Bill did. My preference in triggers is Blackburn, ERA, Timney featherweight, Timney Sportman and then bold. I have used a couple Alaska Arms triggers recently but haven't spent much time shooting them, so I am still debating that one even though I like the design the best. As for the original issue, the FN sits farther back in the bow than the K98 does as the 98 is designed for the more forward guard bow of the KAR98. FYI the sportsman seems to me to be in between the two in placement.

Don