Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Some of my pistols

Gothmog

Pretty

user posted image

Not all mine (though all are in my gunsafes at this time) and not all of what I do own (because I have acquired others since the photo). But a few things that I get to play with.

Just thought I'd add to the mix here.

Oh my buddy would be jealous because you've got the whole sheebang for your broomhandle mauser.

His is also in 7.63 mm. His grandfather brought it home from Germany after WWI. His however is a Civilian model.

Like I said I just get to keep some of these because I own the gunsafes and he wanted some of his handguns safe. Then again it'z all good because he has the combo to all of my safes (something not even my mother has and we live together).

By the way very nice example you've got there.

Thanks for the kind words and the bump to the top ... most considerate.

But, I'm not quite done yet ... most of these you will have seen before, so I'll try to add some new ones before I've finished with this thread.

user posted image

Walther P38, AC42 ... perhaps a new pic is in order here? My photo skills have improved a bit since this was taken.

This is my Chinese Tokarev in 9x23mm with hard Chrome and no grips. This is how I carry it.

link to pic

T,What do you think of the P63.I have one and it's my favorite stick in my pocket gun.The dang thing knows what I want to shoot.I had it in my jeans pocket 2 years ago while unloading our car at a Little Rock Arkansas motel at 12:30 am when a black guy stepped out of the hedge and told me he had to have some money.I wouldn't have pulled it so quick,but my wife was on the otherside getting her stuff and I figured there was another that would grab her purse.Showing the dude the little P63 ended an ugly scene,he wanted no part of it.My 9x18 has been my best traveling buddy since.You sure have a bunch of dandy pistols! Jerry

Horsefly, sad to say I've owned the dang thing darn near 3 years and have yet to take it out to even fire it.

I'm so ashamed of myself sad.gif

It's a nice little handgun - tears apart really easy (in fact almost scary how easy). You'd think I'd be gung ho to go out and shoot it. I find myself almost afraid of it for some reason.

I don't have a clue as to why. I like my 1911's well enough and have no problem with them at all. I think I'm getting old and because it's different just do not want to hassle with it. Either that or it's because I was sick right after I got it for a space of time. So for now it's a safe queen but hopefully this year will be the year it goes out (after all I've got like 8 mags for the dang thing). laugh.gif

Couple of questions. What do you think of the Ruby?? I can get one in 38 sp for $85.00, it appears to have hardly been used. Fly how reliable is your PA63?? Mine will not empty a mag without at least one failure to feed jam. Any suggestions on the ammo, I've tried S&B and steel cased Rusky ammo and neither will feed reliably.

AZ,my 2 brothers and Dad all have a PA 63 and haven't had any trouble at all except for my little brothers that would fail to feed every now and then.I noticed the lips holding the shells in the mag were tighter than the other 3 guns,so I spread them just a tiny bit and it's never happened again.We shoot almost only Sellier Bellot,but have shot some Silver Bear.It's unbelievable how many rounds that gone through my gun without ever a hang-up.I had the same gun in .380,all steel and blued,brand new in a hard box,and that gun gave me pure hell.It cost $180.00 at a gunshow,and the 2 tone alloy frame PA63 cost $79.00 from SOG.I wish they had more,I'd like to have another.Jerry

I'm stuck with my PA 63. I originally gave it to my daughter-in-law. Not wanting to complain about a gift she didn't say anything for almost a year. I got mine from J&G for 99.00 and they said sorry should have returned it right away. Mine also has a problem with the mag falling out. Guess I got my money's worth, can't really expect alot from a hundred dollar handgun. It's stored next to my AMT 380 that I can't locate parts for. Guess I'm fixed if I ever need a couple of paper weights!!

I wish you had some way to get the 63 to me,'cause with mine to use as a pattern,I know I could fix it for you.They're just way to simple to not be able to figure out what's wrong if you had one to compare too.When I get home from work tonight,I'll tear into mine and see what holds the mag in.Jerry

Dang AZ,I wish you had some way to get the 63 to me,'cause with mine to use as a pattern,I know I could fix it for you.They're just way to simple to not be able to figure out what's wrong if you had one to compare too.When I get home from work tonight,I'll tear into mine and see what holds the mag in.Jerry

Couple of questions. What do you think of the Ruby?? I can get one in 38 sp for $85.00, it appears to have hardly been used. Fly how reliable is your PA63?? Mine will not empty a mag without at least one failure to feed jam. Any suggestions on the ammo, I've tried S&B and steel cased Rusky ammo and neither will feed reliably.

AzRedneck, I like my Ruby. It's a 38 sp and shoots just fine. As for the PA-63, the guy who had it before me - well he said it shot okay and I've known him on the boards for 3 or 4 years I trusted him enough to buy it.

Horsefly - so what would be a good price to sell a PA-63 with at least 4-5 mags?

T,a dude at the Ft.Worth gunshow was selling 63's for $160.00,when I bought mine for about 80 bucks,with a $20.00 transfer fee and $10.00 sales tax.I reckon I had about $110.00 in mine maybe 7 years ago.Cheaper Than Dirt has the mags. for,I think 12.00.I'm not a gun expert,and don't ever sell any guns,but if you were to run 4 or 5 mag. full of shells through it and everything worked good,I wouldn't take less than $160.00 for it with 2 mags,and $175.00 with 5.If you shoot it that much with no hick-ups,I don't think you'll want to sell it.They're so thin and small,you can hide it anywhere in a purse or jeans pocket,and it's right between a .380 and 9MM in power.Mine is my favorite tote-around gun.Jerry

Lynn,I just went to Gunbroker and they have several Pa 63's,from $190.00 buy now to $260.00.They tend to run a little high over there,so I'll stick with my $160.00 estimate.Have a great Sat. night T! Jerry

Thanks Horsefly. And you're right I shouldn't sell it until I at least shoot it. I was wrong on my estimate of mags for it. There are at least 5 and if I start hunting through the gunsafes and my closet I might turn up 1 or 2 more.

I'll take it out with me (along with the extra mags) to the range next time I take the 45's out.

Man, I knew I should have gotten over myself enough to purchase a PA63 a couple of years ago when they were cheap! I always thought they'd be a fun pistol to have around, but as I reside in CA I have refused to purchase pistols here because of the restrictive legal stuff, having to get an HSC when I got the BFSC a few years ago and it was supposed to be good for 10 years, and assorted other joys.

Then again, I guess there's a reason I didn't jump through the hoops.

It's good to know that these pistols are (in some cases) reliable and capable...at least capable of frightening off a potential robber or two! And in the Makarov caliber...what more could one ask for?

Ah well, I guess if I need one badly enough, I will get one when I move from CA...as long as they aren't $400.00 by that time!

t's good to know that these pistols are (in some cases) reliable and capable...at least capable of frightening off a potential robber or two!

Folks.

I have the PPH which is the older name of the PA 63.

So far as I know they are the same pistol.

It was my first pistol and in may ways still is my best.

It will shoot any round and is very dependable.

It is in fact the pistol I keep to hand.

As for problems.:

A: Clean the pistol with care...don't forget the extracter.

B: Polish the chamber with 1500 paper.

C: Is the slide hard to pull back? If so polish the outside of the barrel .. if that does not help, get a new spring from Wolf's or Gun parts.

D. Polish the rails with 1500 paper and apply a bit of rifle "slick"

As for stopping power, well with HP, it will give the bad guy "to think"

Karl

Dang, I'm drooling over that broom handle, as well as the Luger!

I thought you couldn't have pistols in Canada?

Yes Tony, we can own handguns here ... IPSC is alive and well in Canada, for example , and there are many many collectors and recreational shooters. We are restricted in where and how we transport them, and essentially aside from police, CCW does not exist in Canada ....

.... but we still own handguns ....

.... and I have even more to show you if you are nice. wink.gif