Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser DBM - who can identify?

AckleyFan

Can anyone identify the maker of this DMB setup?  It functions well on the bench with '06 based cartridges, but the magazine detent feels a bit light, not certain what it will do under recoil.  Going to find out though. I've never seen its like before purchasing a few weeks ago.

M98-4.jpg

M98-3.jpg

M98-2.jpg

M98-1.jpg

Could it be from a parker-hale? 

What I find odd about it are the magazine feed lips. These are generally part of the mauser receiver Except on certain parker-hale sniper rifles.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It could very well be, I've aquired an arm load of mauser parts/goodies from a local "collector" of all things mauser.  I'm slowly putting those parts to use.  Any idea as to the origins?  It fits and functions well enough in the various actions I've fitted it to.  I am a bit concerned as to the magazine detaching itself when I'm not looking and finding a new home in the backwoods and tall grass I tend to hunt in.  I'm lucky that way, or I should say the manufacturers of parts are, as I end up buying plenty of replacement parts, therefore doing my part in keeping their business and our economy alive.   They have yet to thank for my service... :)