Military Firearm Restoration Corner

RE SHAPING THE CORELITES

youngtrout

I had asked this a while back but on the board and could not remember the feedback

I bought a 338-06 ab and stock combo (thanks for the heads up guys)

I once bought a corelite awhile back and just hated the grip area and in general it is a bit too blocky

I was wondering if someone with more time than money or smarts could trim down the stock and then build it back up.

My thought wa to grind down the problem areas, fill with foam then sand foam just right then use a fiberglass and resin patch over that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

anyone done anything close to this?? I'll most likely just make the stock look worse but thought I would ask "the board" first

thanks

Honestly, I'd sell the corelite and put the funds toward a better stock.

If it were fiberglass to begin with then it would be worth messing with but those injection molded stocks are hard to work with. At least in my very limited experience.

I'm with z1r on this one.

If you are not satisfied with the Corelite stock, sell it and buy a stock with your specs. It's too time consuming to change something that you can easily substitute.

There are many other synthetic stocks out there, maybe not as cheap as the Corelite, but good stocks. Personally I like the Bell & Carlson.

fritz

Corelite stock usually sell on ebay for more than Midway's retail price. Sell it and get what you want.

Everything sells for more on eBay!

Get a C&R license and order things at the same price as these same fellows on eBay pay, then give them some competition and sell them there.

As for me, I don't have the time to screw around with eBay looking for that "needle in a haystack" good buy.

fritz