Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Post your Memes

Dr.Hess

Yeah, the point of that meme was that if you put a 50BMG in a 12ga and somehow managed to set it off, it would kill you.  Girls don't do that.

I read an article in a gun mag once, maybe American Rifleman, where the author, a big game hunter, shot a 2 barrel dangerous game ("Elephant") gun at an elephant.  Something like 5XX Jefferies or whatever, and had a recoil pad on his shoulder.  Both barrels went off at the pull of one trigger and he went backwards, out cold.  The elephant dropped instantly as well.  He said it happened a long time ago and his shoulder still gave him trouble.

image.png.5dc1df8e02fefceef9408807459c03bd.png

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

Yeah, the point of that meme was that if you put a 50BMG in a 12ga and somehow managed to set it off, it would kill you.  Girls don't do that.

I read an article in a gun mag once, maybe American Rifleman, where the author, a big game hunter, shot a 2 barrel dangerous game ("Elephant") gun at an elephant.  Something like 5XX Jefferies or whatever, and had a recoil pad on his shoulder.  Both barrels went off at the pull of one trigger and he went backwards, out cold.  The elephant dropped instantly as well.  He said it happened a long time ago and his shoulder still gave him trouble.

image.png.5dc1df8e02fefceef9408807459c03bd.png

:D

There was a guy at a fencing place who became angry that a young employee was helping me find cedar posts that weren't badly warped! The kid secretly helped me. I never went back to that business.

My friend built a house.  Well, he built a whole lot of houses, it was what he did, but he built a house for himself.  He got a "really good deal" on a bundle of 2x4's from a buddy.  We went and picked them up and they looked about like that tree.  We used them, but man, it was some serious extra work.  Sometimes we had to nail 2 together twisting to get something straight.