Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Browning Buck Mark

swamprat

I bought a Browning Buck Mark parts gun about a year and a half ago finally got it finished. I would find parts on e-Bay and assorted places but would end up getting out bid for them. Finally went searching in the uncommon places (guns built on the same design but with diffferent names) found all the parts I needed (I thought) under Browning Challenger. Well, to make a long story short the parts will fit but they all need ajustments or major reshaping. Any way, I now have a one of a kind Browning Buck Mark Challenger Bubba Special. Shot 50 rounds through it and only put 1 hole in the paper. Tomorrow I'll move the target out to 5 feet! All kidding aside this is one sweet little 22. Then to top it all off I showed off my new baby at my favorite gun shop and they sold me a factory Buck Mark magazine for $15.00 out the door. I know this ain't no military rebuild but HELL! I had to brag to someone! (Total cost less than $150.00 including secound mag.)

Swamprat

Way to go Mr. Rat.You must be a good piddler to take close working parts,and mess with them until you make them work.With patience like that,I bet you never throw hissy fits when something goes wrong.Those Brownings are nice guns.I have one that out shoots me every time.Jerry

I bought one of these new years ago. I bought it becaused I liked the price at the time. It was $180 or $185. I use this gun for just plinking and since my eyes are not what they used to be, I put a red dot sight on it a couple of years ago. I also put some wood grips on it and for my intended purpose I love this gun better than ever. The accuracy amazes me.