Military Firearm Restoration Corner

You Grunts Army Or Marine Get Rid Of Those Picture Phones.

karlunity

Those **&(() cut off the heads of our people they capture..burn them alive and hang them from a bridge... and HQMC has their skivvies in a knot over this.?????

The Commandant should have told the pols to f87koff and had the Sgtmaj of the USMC call the Sgtmaj of that unit and have their gunny handle it.

Yes, they were stupid to put it on the net..but this is PC bullshit Very annoyed

Karl

Yes, they were stupid to put it on the net.

THAT is THE problem. It wasn't just stupid, it was PROFOUNDLY STUPID. I really don't care too much one way or the other about pissing on Al Qaeda, but what happens in a war zone SHOULD STAY IN A WAR ZONE. Frankly, I don't care if they 'hang' those idiots that FILMED THAT. There is nobody that is so stupid that they shouldn't have KNOWN what kind of trouble it would create. That little immature behavior has cost the REST OF THE SOLDIERS in the theater some REAL HEAT. Was it REALLY worth it? No! What the enemy does to US is IMMATERIAL to how we treat them. WHEN are the numbskull groundpounders going to get this through their thick skulls? "WE are NOT "THEM". And we need to SHOW THAT.

Paul

As a young Trooper in Vietnam I was told by an Old D-Day Paratrooper Sgt. "Do not do anything you would not want to tell your Grandma, and if you do, never admit to it". Sound advice. I'll bet none of them would have ever thought to tell their Grandmother what they had done.

G-Dubbya said it was ok to torture alqaeda regardless of reciprocity.

Whats the sense of degrading your enemy if they don't know they're being degraded?

I'm willing to contribute to the legal fund if their ball-less general turns on them.

I say piss on em boys.

While their at it, they should show all gun camera images on the evening news.

Dead is dead. It's just media hype over something that warriors have done since the first fighting. Stupid, but understandable.

Anyway, people willing to blow themselves up into bitty pieces for their religion shouldn't care if they get pissed on when dead. The media seems to care more than the Taliban.

Good grief. What did the Army do in the Phillipines when we were fighting the Muslim Moros? Captured a bunch. Executed all but one (or a couple) of them, buried the rest in pig skins, and turned the survivors loose to tell other Moros what had happened. It stopped the problem right quickly.

Does anyone that posted in this thread really believe that PUBLISHING this act - not the act itself - REALLY did ANYTHING "good" for the rest of their comrades in arms?

Would I piss on a Taliban/Al Qaeda? Maybe. Probably if I was 19. Would I brag about it and publish for the WORLD TO SEE? Not even if I was 19. If I was their CO, I'd hammer their dicks flat. If their CO didn't do it, I'd hammer his dick flat.

For those that care to comment that haven't been in combat - be careful what you say. You haven't paid the dues REQUIRED to comment on combat behavior.

Paul

I have paid my dues..so

Posting this sort of thing is stupid.

But the PC overreaction is worse.

This sort of thing should be left in the hands of the local Gunny and He or She would square it away.

Washington's response should have been something on the order of..

(We cannot see this sort of thing as polite or proper and it has been referred to the proper people for correction..

Still, let's keep things in proportion.

These Marines did not behead those taliban alive nor burn the bodies nor hang them from a bridge.

Bad manners yes..a war crime of the type the taliban commits no.

It is a Marine matter and we will handle it.)

Karl

I've paid my dues as well.

The last time I was under fire, cell phones, digital camera's and the internet hadn't been invented yet. There was mass media, but I didn't experience them "embedded" until Dessert Storm. I don't think those guys did anything that warriors before them haven't done since the dawn of time. Their mistake was letting it get recorded and put out for all the world to see.

Skirmishes, battles and wars are won by "Alpha's", not touchy-feely politically correct sensitive girly-boys. What they did was indicative of the "Alpha" mind-set.

I believe it was George Orwell, who said of the Marines "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Marines will be Marines!

Semper Fi

I'll play Devil's Advocate on this one...

Is this any different then when a Blackhawk Soldier was dragged through the streets of Somalia? How did we feel as a country when our enemy was dragging OUR dead on a cord from the back of a truck?

We're trying to mobilize a suspicious and timid eastern population behind us, and we're desecrating their dead. Our job at this point is 70% public relations, 30% trigger work. We're at a point where one "aw sh1t" will wipe out ten "atta-boys". We must show both the enemy and the population we're fighting for that we ARE better and demand a higher standard.

We still haven't fully recovered from a dog leash around an Iraqi's neck. Now we have this mess. Where is Leadership hiding?

The Eastern people are wise.

They know that the word of the USA, since Nam is worthless in the long run.

They know that the USA WILL leave and they must stay with the Taliban.

The Taliban have said that they have lists of people who betrayed them and when the Americans are defeated or leave an account will be made.

If we waged proper war..and wiped out the taliban or allowed the NA folks to do it in 03, perhaps it would be a different story.

The Eastern People, who want to live or want their families to live will not support weakness.

It is looking weak and foolish that invites attack which is how we look with all this pcism.

Very..very..few..even after a few drinks..ever told Iron Mike to "step outside"..but I suspect that, without the SS guard,..the same could not be said for Al Gore.

This is all PC and it makes us look weak and foolish.

Karl

The Eastern people are wise.

They know that the word of the USA, since Nam is worthless in the long run.

They know that the USA WILL leave and they must stay with the Taliban.

The Taliban have said that they have lists of people who betrayed them and when the Americans are defeated or leave an account will be made.

Karl

I'll bet anything that shortly after the USA leaves Afganistan, Karzai will take up residence elsewhere, probably here.