Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Counter Bores

manureman

Pilot of .256" to .258", mine is .256" and a counterbore of .400". A .258" pilot I believe is more common and would make no real difference.

Thanks for the replys guy's,I'd heard Brownells wasn't handling them anymore and was thinking I'd try to order one from Enco for alot less $$ than Brownells had sold em' for,if I could figure out what size I needed,never thought about Midway,and I have to be up in Columbia in the next few days too so I reckon I'll swing by and pick one up,thanks for the link Don.And Z your the cause of all this,if you hadn't beat me to the punch right here on this board a short time back you dirty dog :),I'd already have one..lol... thanks again boy's, Jim.

Guest uncle fritz

Jim,

You still getting rain? At least you are a lot closer to Midway than me. But you know what, Midway ain't offering the low sale prices like they used to. Now their idea of a sale is 50 cents off a a $20 item.

Whooo-haa.

fritz

Yea Fritz we got 2 & 3/4 inches here over the weekend and it came right,nary a drop ran off,that makes almost 5 inches in a week!!! Pastures are trying to green up and the yard is going to need mowin' in a few days .Sure hope you'all get some soon it sure is a load off I tell ya. Did you see them sale prices on triggers in the latest Midway sale bill,some were a whole 10cents off..lol... Jim